Meta Estate Trust SA, a company established and operating according to the Romanian law, registered with the Trade Register under no. J40/4004/2021, Fiscal Registration No. 43859039, with social headquarters in Bucharest, District 1, 75-77 Buzesti St., 9th Floor, Office 13, (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) pays special attention to the operations of collection, use, processing and storage of the personal data which it encounters in the daily activity of the Company.
II. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is collected as follows:
- Directly – by obtaining the corresponding data from individuals, by different means, including, but not limited to: filling in online forms, registering for various events organized by the Company and/or its collaborators, accessing the website of the Company or the submission of CVs or letters of intent for employment regarding the vacancies within the Company;
- Indirect – from external sources, such as:
- public sources, such as: public registers, the Trade Register Office, articles published on various websites, news, public lists with sanctions issued by Romanian or foreign public authorities;
- social networks and/or professional websites, in case the registration on the Company’s website is made using social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Maps etc.), in which case the Company collects information regarding the name, e-mail address, additional personal information, etc.;
- through collaborators: recruitment companies, agencies, etc.
III. COLLECTIONS OF COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
The types of personal data concerning individuals, obtained either directly or indirectly, may be the following (the list below is not exhaustive):
- Personal data:
- Identification data: name and surname, Personal Number Code, ID number and series, date of birth, citizenship, mobile phone, e-mail address, name of the employer, position held, political exposure, financial information, etc.
- Data on marital status;
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Contact details: home address, correspondence address, e-mail address, telephone number;
- Data regarding the occupation, name of employer, position held;
- Data on political orientation;
- Financial or transactional information (information obtained from payment providers, if applicable).
- Personal geolocation data (geographical locations), if you are looking for the contact address of the Company.
IV. LEGAL BASIS BEHIND PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is processed based on the express, free, specific and unequivocal consent of the website user, in compliance with the legal provisions in force and under the conditions herein.
May represent a ground for processing:
- A contract, in order to process personal data for carying out contractual obligations;
- A request from the user before entering a contractual relationship;
- Legitimate interest, in which case processing personal data is based on the legitimate interest of the Company.
V. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The company wishes to show transparency when collecting personal data, and therefore, in accordance with the provisions under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the reasons for which we process the collected personal data may be:
- Authentication of the Company website users;
- Sending invitations regarding the events organized by the Company or its collaborators/ partners;
- Registration of guests at organized events;
- Processing of requests received online, and drafting answers to requests;
- Identifying qualified candidates for vacancies within the Company;
- Administrating, maintening and ensuring security for the Company website;
- Carrying out marketing and advertising activities, including subscribing to newsletters, including for specific marketing purposes, so as to provide content, including personalized content, that may be of greater interest to you;
- Compliance with existing legal provisions (eg money laundering, terrorist financing and / or other forms of financial crime);
Complying with the legal provisions and obligations binding for the Company in relation to the various agreements.
VI. PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER
The company will not transfer your personal information (by sale or rental) to third parties. Within the Company, staff members who use your personal data are bound by confidentiality obligations regarding personal data. The Company’s staff members have the right to manage personal data only based on the instructions communicated by the Company, in connection with the job related responsibilities.
Appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken for the protection of personal data. This site uses security measures against the loss, alteration or misuse of information under our control. However, the company does not undertake responsibility for the loss of information caused by software design and hosting errors of the website. We are also not responsible for errors in the security of the server hosting the website.
Personal data may be disclosed to governmental authorities, tax authorities and / or law enforcement agencies, if required by applicable law or if necessary for the implementation of our rights, including conditions of use, or to protect our legitimate interests (including the legitimate interests of third parties) in compliance with the applicable law.
At the same time, there are situations when your personal data is sent to our contractual partners, such as: telecommunication companies, technical support and IT companies, real estate agencies, accounting companiea, audit companies, maintenance companies, post offices, lawyers, notary public, auditors, bailiffs, translators, real estate brokers, financial institutions, insurance companies and brokers, investors and/or potential investors, etc.
Each time we subcontract certain services, acting either as a data operator or as a data processor, we make sure that the requirements established by the 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation are met and complied with, so that personal data will be processed in an appropriate way.
Personal data is stored on servers located in Romania. We can transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area in the event that some of the Company’s contractual partners have their headquarters outside of this Area.
VII. PERSONAL DATA PERIOD
Personal data is processed throughout the contractual relationship and after its completion, at least for the period imposed by the applicable legal provisions in the field, including, but not limited to, the provisions on archiving. If personal data is processed based on your consent, this data will be processed only for the period provided in this agreement, unless you terminate this agreement before the expiration of this deadline.
It is possible that, following the fulfillment of the legal archiving deadlines, the Company may order the anonymization of the data, thus depriving them of their personal character and continue to process the anonymous data for statistical purposes only. In case the personal data will no longer correspond to the processing purpose, the data will be destroyed/deleted.
VIII. RIGHTS OF THE PERSONS CONCERNED
As per the provisions of the General Regulation on data protection 2016/679, the envisoned persons have the following rights regarding the processing of personal data:
- The right to information – you can request information regarding the activities of processing your personal data;
- The right to rectification – you can rectify inaccurate personal data or fill them in;
- The right to delete data (“the right to be forgotten”) – you can obtain the deletion of data, if they were not processed legally or in other cases provided by law;
- The right to restrict processing of data– you can request the restriction of processing in case you are not content with the accuracy of the data, as well as in other cases provided by law;
- Right of opposition – in respect of processing activities carried out for direct marketing purposes, including profiling activities, the right of opposition may be exercised at any time by submitting a request as indicated below;
- The right to data portability – you can receive, under certain conditions, the personal data you have provided to us, in a format that can be read automatically, or you can request that the data be transmitted to another operator;
- The right to file a complaint – you can file a complaint regarding personal data processing at the National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing (http://www.dataprotection.ro/) or the competent courts, if necessary;
- Right of withdrawal of consent – in cases processing is based on your consent, you can withdraw it at any time. Withdrawal of consent will have effect only for the future, the processing carried out prior to the withdrawal will remain valid;
- Additional rights related to automatic decisions – you may request and obtain human intervention in respect of such processing, you may express your views on it, and you may challenge the decision.
IX. DATA SECURITY
We keep your personal data on the Company servers, located in Romania.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to protect personal data and to prevent unauthorized access to this data. We have entered agreements with third parties that offer hosting services and these contracts include obligations regarding the organizational and technical security of personal data.
The security of your personal data is very important to us, but you must keep in mind that the transmission of data through the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee 100% security of your data transmitted on our site; any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we will use strict security procedures to try to prevent unauthorized access, modification or unauthorized destruction.
X. FINAL PROVISIONS
The Company reserves the right to modify / revise this personal data processing policy, and will publish its revised / updated version on the Company website.
Subsequent access to the Company website, after the publication of the updated version of the personal data processing procedure, represents your approval to comply with and agree to the new revised / updated policy.